Posted Friday, April 29, 2022
JOB TITLE: Receptionist/Administrator
REPORTING TO: Manager
To welcome Visitors to the Care Centre and to handle telephone calls, in a friendly and efficient manner. To direct Visitors & telephone calls to the correct location. To assist the Administrator as and when required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Good numerical and word processing skills
* Good communication and organisational skills - spoken and written English essential
* Friendly, confident and well-presented
* Professional telephone manner
* Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
* Satisfactory Disclosure Scotland check and current PVG scheme ID number
* Undertaking to complete registration with the SSSC within the timescales set by that organisation
* Willingness to participate in training programmes both E learning and Face to Face
* Proven ability in dealing with the general public
* Team player
* Ability to work on own initiative
1. Welcome all Visitors to the Care Centre courteously, determine the reason for their visit and check their identity. Notify appropriate Staff Member regarding Visitor’s arrival.
2. Answer the telephone and respond to all enquiries at Reception. Re-direct enquiries in a friendly and efficient manner.
3. Provide administrative support to the Home Manager and Administrator, as and when required, typing, filing, and record keeping.
4. Process documentation as required on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
5. Operate office equipment such as fax, photocopier and computer as and when required.
6. Participate in Staff and Service User meetings as required.
8. Actively market the Care Centre and promote a positive personal / professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the Care Centre at all times.
9. Show Visitors round the Care Centre, in the absence of the Manager.
10. Prepare and display information leaflets and posters, send out brochures etc, as and when required.
JOB DESCRIPTION - RECEPTIONIST continued...
Training & Development:
11. Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
12. Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
Health & Safety:
13. Report immediately to the Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Service User, colleague, self or another.
14. Understand and ensure the implementation of the Care Centre’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
15. Report to the Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
16. Promote safe working practice in the Care Centre.
17. Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care Centre.
18. Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to 3rd parties.
19. Notify the Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to work, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
20. Ensure the security of the Care Centre is maintained at all times.
21. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
22. Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
23. Assist in framework of social activities and work independently or alongside the Activity Coordinator as part of the team to achieve a whole home approach which includes interacting with Service Users and helping them participate with hobbies and activities in the Care Centre
24. Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.